WHAT IS COLOUR FOIL™?
Colour Foil™ (cold foil) is a fast, cost- effective inline process that works in conjunction with most printing techniques, mimicking the effect of hot foil stamping. It’s applied to a UV-curable adhesive image using a standard printing plate. The foil, usually silver, is affixed to the printed adhesive, creating an image prior to the application of printing inks. When applied inline, a major benefit is that the registration between the applied foil and the overprinted inks and varnish is press perfect.
Colour Foil™ (cold foil) can be an effective replacement for hot foil by providing an opportunity to expand the use of foil into more markets and applications. While hot foil is stamped into a surface using heat and pressure, cold foil is transferred onto a surface as a flat application. This differentiation results in different characteristics and performance attributes.
THE BENEFITS OF COLOUR FOIL™
- Infinite spectrum of color possibilities by registering foil to overprinting
- Viability for a broader array of applications due to budget and schedule efficiencies
- Retain the texture of substrates, as cold foil transfer requires little pressure
- Flexibility to produce large, solid areas of foil with fine detail, in addition to half tones, small fonts and knockouts
- Professional differentiation with the ability to provide cost-efficient value-added print
- Full Coverage, Fine Details, Halftones, Heavy Coverage
- Expanded sales and marketing opportunities — any run length possible